Thursday, July 30, 2009

Nursery rhymes

I am not familiar with English nursery rhymes as my mum never sang them to me, in fact I can't recall even her singing malay rhymes with us.I know just the very common ones like twinkle twinkle little star, london bridge and old macdonald. I went to Tadika Kemas kat kampung, so again, no English nursery rhymes..so when my son started coming home and asking me to sing along with him..I had to learn all the songs..plus last year when I was on maternity leave,I took him to the playcentre and the playgroup sessions at our local library. I will post some our favourites that we long singing together


Incy wincy spider

Incy wincy spider climbed out the water spout
Down came the rain and washed poor incy out
Out came the sunsine and dried up all the rain
So incy wincy spider climbed the spout again

1,2,3,4,5

One..two..three,four, five
Once I caught a fish alive
Six..seven..eight, nine,ten
Then I let him go again

Why did you let him go?
Because it bit my finger so
Which finger did he bite?
This little finger on my right

Row,row,row your boat

Row, row,row your boat
Gently down the stream
Merrily, merilly,merrily, merrily
Life is but a dream

Row, row, row your boat
Gently down the stream
If you see a crocodile
Don't forget to scream

The wheel on the bus

The wheel on the bus go round and round, round and round,round and round
The wheel on the bus go round and round, all through town

The wiper on the bus go swish swish, swish swish,swish
The wiper on the bus go swish swish swish, all through town

Repeat and substitute with anything we can imagine..I love this song, really fun

The conductor on the bus says ticket please, ticket please, ticket please
The passenger on the bus stand up sit down, stand up sit down, stand up sit down
The baby on the bus cry waaa waaa waaa, waaa waa waa, waaa
The granny on the bus goes knit knit knit, knit knit knit, knit knit knit
The mommy on the bus goes chatter chatter chatter, chatter chatter chatter, chatter chatter chatter
The driver on the bus says move along please

Sometimes I'll replace it with Aiman on the bus picks his nose/stand up sit down/whatever I could think of, and he hates it :)


Head,shoulder knees and toes

Head, shoulders, knees and toes,
Knees and toes
Head, shoulders, knees and toes,
Knees and toes and eyes
and ears
and mouth
and nose
head,shoulders,knees and toes



5 little ducks

WHen I 1st heard this song, I don't like it actually, I found it boring, then it grew on me and Aiman love it

5 little ducks went swimming one day
Over the hills and far away
Mother duck says 'quack quack quack'
But only 4 little ducks came back

Repeat with each time reducing the number of ducks that went swimming and those that came back

the last one, when mother duck says 'quack quack quack'

All 5 little ducks came back

Will write more when I have time

No comments: